Alfred Sisley (October 30, 1839 – January 29, 1899)

Bookmark and Share
                                                                                      
The Seine at Suresnes
1877

Sisley is not the most famous Impressionist, because some view his works as generic or tending towards the Impressionist average, but I love his works. Certainly some of his acquaintances, such as Renoir and Monet, had a greater level of experimentation in their careers, yet there is something about his landscapes that often has a force and vividness that I think is absolutely unique to him; I would even say that he most aptly captured the winds among the Impressionists. Anyway, I adore Sisley and I hope you do as well. 

Still Life with Heron
1867

Storr's Rock, Lady's Cove, Evening
1897

Avenue of Chestnut Trees near La Celle-Saint-Cloud
1867

The Lesson
1874

The Factory at Sevres
1879